mote n : (nontechnical usage) a tiny piece of anything [syn: atom, molecule, particle, corpuscle, speck]
- Rhymes: -əʊt
- "So mote it be!"
A mote is a very small particle. See:
Other uses of mote:
- Mote as in Mote con huesillo, a dessert from Chile.
- Mote as form of Moot as in Moot Hall or hill.
- Mote Marine Laboratory
- Mote, Ethiopia a town in Ethiopia.
- Mote (song) is a song by Sonic Youth, from their 1990 album Goo.
- Mote EP is an EP by The Faint.
Mote in God's Eye a sci-fi novel by Larry Niven
- Moties are a fictional species from The Mote in God's Eye
- "Mote" is a fairy character in William Shakespeare's play, "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
ace, acropolis, air, atom, bastion, beachhead, bit, black sheep, blemish, blockhouse, bridgehead, bubble, bunker, castle, chaff, chip, citadel, cobweb, cork, crumb, dab, dole, donjon, dot, down, dram, dribble, driblet, drop, droplet, dust, dwarf, ether, fairy, farthing, fasthold, fastness, feather, fleck, flue, fluff, flyspeck, foam, foreign body, foreign intruder, fort, fortress, fragment, froth, fuzz, garrison, garrison house, gnat, gobbet, gossamer, grain, granule, groat, hair, handful, hold, impurity, intruder, iota, jot, keep, little, little bit, martello, martello tower, microbe, microorganism, midge, minim, minimum, minutia, minutiae, misfit, mite, modicum, molecule, monkey wrench, motte, nutshell, oddball, ounce, particle, pebble, peel, peel tower, pillbox, pinch, pinhead, pinpoint, pittance, point, post, rath, safehold, scrap, scruple, sliver, smidgen, smitch, snip, snippet, speck, splinter, sponge, spoonful, spot, spume, stone, straw, strong point, stronghold, thimbleful, thistledown, tiny bit, tittle, tower, tower of strength, trifling amount, trivia, vanishing point, ward, weed, whit